Hugo Polanco was born in raised in Phoenix, Arizona and has dedicated himself to providing outstanding criminal defense to people with cases in this state.
Hugo attended the University of Arizona for undergraduate education and graduated with bachelor’s degrees in political science and global studies. After college, Hugo was accepted into Princeton in Asia, a program that lead to him teaching high school literature in Shanghai, China for three years. After realizing how much he missed home, Hugo attended Arizona State University for law school. During law school, Hugo participated in legal clinics, internships with public defender offices, and clerked for local lawyers to gather firsthand experience.
After law school, Hugo practiced immigration law and worked as a trial attorney for the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office. Hugo has had experience handling hundreds of criminal cases and is committed to guiding clients through the challenges of the criminal justice system.
Some of Hugo’s Accomplishments
Arizona State University College of Law
- On the Executive Boards of the Latino Law Students Association and International Law Association
- Interned with the La Paz County Public Defenders Office
- Volunteered providing legal assistance to immigrants and unhoused populations
Princeton in Asia Fellow
- Taught literature at one of the best international High Schools in Shanghai
University of Arizona
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bacher of Science in Global Students
- Minor in Chinese